We are now offering TELEHEALTH virtual video chat vet consultation!! Talk with our doctors from the comfort and safety of your own home.
It is an easy way to have a virtual hospital visit using your phone or tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
Virtual Consultation Benefits
- Not all pets like to go to the vet (although some of our patients are!). Virtual appointments eliminate the stress of bringing your pet to the hospital.
- Your time is valuable. A virtual consultation saves time, you won’t need to travel to the hospital.
- Virtual consultations help you follow COVID-19 social distancing and still provide your pets the medical attention they need.
How does it work?
Virtual vet consultation services may be used by any of our existing pet patients who have had a full physical examination with us within the last year. This is to comply with current CVO (College of Veterinarians of Ontario) standards.
At the time of your appointment, go to doxy.me/frontstreetvet to enter the virtual waiting room.
Our veterinarian will join the platform at the time of your appointment to initiate the consultation.
Virtual appointments are great for certain situations, such as:
- Skin issues:
- Behaviour concerns
- Stable chronic illnesses
- Nutrition consults
- Triage (a.k.a. is an in-person visit really necessary?)
- Parasite prevention visits for dogs previously seen 6 months ago or less
Cases that cannot be dealt with through virtual appointments, such as:
- Toxin ingestion
- “Ain’t doing right” pets
- Unusual lumps or bumps
- Blood and urine testing
The current fee for a 20-minute virtual consultation is $65+ HST.
If you are not sure if your visit qualifies for a virtual appointment, please contact us to figure out what type of visit works best for your pet. Call us at (416) 351-1212 or use our live chat, just click the green button on the bottom right corner of this page.
Please be assured that your private information will be protected during the interaction.